Sunday, November 7, 2021

Assembly Creative Tech 2021

I went to Assembly Creative Tech 2021, an event held in lieu of Assembly Summer this year. I took part in the Freestyle Graphics competition with this picture:

Buddha field
“If a disciple were to speak as follows, ‘I have to create a serene and beautiful Buddha field’, that person is not yet truly a disciple. Why? What the Buddha calls a ‘serene and beautiful Buddha field’ is not in fact a serene and beautiful Buddha field. And that is why it is called a serene and beautiful Buddha field. Subhuti, only a disciple who is wholly devoid of any conception of separate selfhood is worthy of being called a disciple.” - Diamond Sutra 
For this picture, I took a photo of this miniature Buddha in my light box. The listing identifies the Buddha as Maitreya, the coming fifth of the Buddhas of our kalpa; so, it is fitting that there are more than one Buddha pictured. It is said in the Vimalakirti Sutra that our kalpa is to have 1000 buddhas in total; thus, it is called "the worthy kalpa".
The software I used are Inkscape, Gimp and a program called Inspirit. The image layout is based on a vision I had once.
It placed 11/12 in the compo. Here it is being shown on the main screen:


No comments:

Post a Comment