Monday, November 6, 2023

More Robotically Drawn Buddhas

 I previously wrote about having a robot draw Buddhas for me. Well, I wanted to give my AxiDraw some more work, so I used frosting.ai to generate a monochrome Buddha face, which I then edited in Gimp and RunwayML. Then I used the CutRocket halftone generator, which conveniently has output directly as SVG. I edited the SVG further in Inkscape and plotted it from there with the AxiDraw. 

The AI-generated face after editing
Much like in the previous piece, my motivation was to play with the limits of when we still recognize something as "Buddha".
The face after halftone treatment

The first "training print" was done with a Baoke brush pen from AliExpress
The "trial run"


My plan all along was to render it in silver on black. Browsing, I found the Plot Party event, which was set to happen in a week, and had "black paper" as one of the prompts. So, I entered!

The final entry

I ran out of ink in my silver pen, so the final rendition was in gold. Prints available on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment