Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blast from the Past: Halloween Horror

Today, I got a real surprise! Back when I was 10, we moved from my childhood home town to the middle of nowhere. Through the ages 11-12, I was in contact with my best friend of the time as a penpal. We'd exchange news, swap disks - and, I wrote a story. As it turns out, my mum had kept a hard copy, so, after some photography and optical character recognition, I'm happy to publish this harrowing tale of the dead and the undead - where an investigator of mysteries comes face-to-face with the inexplicable. Written with all the imagination of a child of that age, it's a fun read for All Saints' Eve (sorry, it's in Finnish - and yeah, our Halloween equivalent is on the 5th of November)!
The story's based on the game Alone in the Dark, by Infogrames (many of the scenes are one-to-one copies from the game, as the accompanying video points out). Influences from Edgar Allan Poe and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle can be found (most obvious being the title).

Around age seven, I had a dream that would work as a continuation to where the plot leaves off. I doubt that I'll write another episode, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment