Thursday, July 21, 2011

Meditation Steps

Meditation Step vol 4 - mixed by M-za by M-za

I previously mentioned Meditation Steps - a night of deeper, atmospheric dubstep and other bass massage. The night's performers were M-za, Sipitron, Late
and Vesicle, as well as DJ sets from Suburban Bashers and freeve.



Meditation Steps, 16.7.2011

I feel like there's far too little philosophical prattle in this blog, in comparison to the amount that goes on in my head. So, I thought I might as well write down some of it - and I shan't limit myself in pretentiousness, hypocrisy, or any of the other unavoidable vices that follow the arrogance of presuming to know, much less be able to enunciate, anything at all worth saying about the Deep Subjects.
The nature of meditation is splendid food for thought - or, yes, meditation. At its core, meditation is "simply" thought - or "extended thought". But extended towards what? This may be clarified slightly by the following definition:
[...]practices in which the practitioner trains his or her mind or self-induces a mode of consciousness in order to realize some benefit.
So, the thought should extend towards some perceived benefit. That's a nice sentiment, so I'll leave it at that for now, and return to a deeper scrutiny of the "bene" in benefit later.
Meditation, then, is not necessarily about sitting quietly with your eyes closed, in deep concentration; I feel that at its best, meditation is an ongoing process, and the mode of consciousness that strives to "realize some benefit" a permanent state. Then again, I'm a hopeless idealist - but consider: just by dropping one of the "tease", one arrives at "mediate":
to effect (a result) or convey (a message, gift, etc.) by or as if by an intermediary
 I think that's an apt description of the ideal state: to always consider oneself as an intermediary, channeling a better version of oneself into existence. As the I opens to the Spirit, so does the Spirit open the I (hey, you read the small print, didn't you?).

No comments:

Post a Comment