Saturday, March 2, 2019

Instanssi 2019 & DIY Time lapse rotator

This weekend, Instanssi was held for the 10th time. Here is a video from the party place:

I used a time lapse rotator I made: I combined a camera mount head and a kitchen timer with some hot glue. There are ready-made solutions available, but my DIY version differs in a few ways:

  • It has a ball swivel for other kinds of camera angles
  • It has a magnetic base instead of a standard socket on the bottom
The magnetic base instead of the socket can be both a positive and a negative, depending on the case. Of course, there are some fancy electronic solutions with adjustable speed, but my device suits my needs. Here is a picture:


I participated in the Graphics compo with this piece:
It placed #11/14. The picture is made with my Canon Ixus 170InkscapeFlame PainterGimp and vvvv. Its title is "Metta Bhavana", which means "the development of loving kindness". I'm sure the world could do with a bit more of that!
The lotus in the picture is this floating candle holder from AliExpress.
This picture is dedicated to my friend, who passed away on the 10th of February, 2019. May his passing remind us all of the three characteristics of conditioned existence: impermanence, unsatisfactoriness, not-self. Life is fleeting and fragile, all the more reason for compassion and kindness. As the Buddha said:
Life is but a breath 

No comments:

Post a Comment